Thursday, March 20, 2008

Overheating Problems Again!

Argh!

Once again, one of the famous known problems for Bee Series rears it's ugly head again : overheating.

I was stuck at Jalan 222, Petaling Jaya [ goddamned long traffic light wait ]. Then I saw the temperature meter slowly creeping up. I started to panic.

The temperature meter kept going up, until luckily, the traffic light turns green. As I was the first car, I immediately pulled out because the temperature meter is only 1cm away from the red mark [ because once the meter reaches the red mark, means the head gasket is blown! ].

After 2 - 3 seconds later as I drove away, the temp quickly dropped down to slightly under the middle mark. I was relieved!

On my way back to the shop, I encountered the same problem again, everytime I'm stuck at the traffic light, or crawling slowly with the rest of the morning traffic.

As soon as I arrived at the shop, I left the keys with the mechanic's staffs and quickly posted my problem in HCOC's forum.

After some lengthy discussion [ including face - to - face discussions with HCOC Committee members during the Honda Racing F1 party, which is in another blog of mine ], it's dictated that.....

The numero - uno culprit is suspected to be the fan. Yes, the fan do spin when the engine temperature reaches certain level, but how fast is it spinning?

Culprit number two is the water pump, and number three is the thermostat.

I think, I might want to replace all three with brand new original parts. Because all these parts are pretty old, and never got replaced [ whilst it's in my Track Refugee bay lar ]. Heck, the thermostat and fan switch came with the engine, which I dunno how many thousands of KMs worth of mileage the engine ran!

No comments: